Tomorrow morning I catch a train up to Murmansk, the largest city inside the Arctic Circle and about 1 day and half by train from St Petersburg. The lure of the Northern Lights and 24 hours of darkness is too great too resist! I'm not sure exactly where I'll head to after Murmansk. Buses run to a couple of small towns, one in Norway and one in Finland but both have fairly poor transport connections so it will be fun getting back to civilization.
Climate stats for December in Murmansk:
| Record High | 5.6 °C |
|---|---|
| Average High | -5.3 °C |
| Average Low | -11.4 °C |
| Record Low | -35.0 °C |
I'll be wearing my thermal undies...

1 comment:
Yesterday I spent 2 hours freezing to death in Copenhagen waiting for my bus. There is only 1 an hour and 2 of them didn't turn up and I froze! Certainly not as cold as what you are experiencing but I feel your pain.
Post a Comment