Rocks
I really enjoyed seeing this formation of hexagonal pillars which takes up about 1km of the coast of Jeju. I imagine that the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland looks a bit like this.
Refreshing Drink
Just before doing a few hours hiking yesterday I bought what looked like a large bottle of water:
I jumped on a bus to the hiking site and went to take a big swig from the bottle but caught a whiff of something that was definitely alchohol. On closer inspection, the label had "29%" written along the bottom in very small print; this was a bottle of Soju, a Korean spirit. It was 8am so a bit early in the morning, even for me. Thankfully I caught myself before drinking any and left it on the bus: my donation to the alchoholics of South Korea.
Catching a ferry at night is always exciting
I took this overnight ferry from Jeju back to the Korean peninsula.
Travelling overnight is always good as it combines the cost of accommodation and of a journey, usually saving money in the process. The only other overnight ferry I'd taken (China to Korea) had rows of comfortable bunks beds, several cafes a bar and a small shop. This ferry, however, had a few large rooms each of which could sleep about 50:
By 9pm most of my fellow passengers were snoring loudly, despite the TV in the wall blearing out the latest in Korean soap operas. I actually managed to get a few hours sleep before arriving at 6 this morning.
Fun food
Korean ice lollies are somewhat different to those in Europe.
Essentially a plastic tube containing frozen 'stuff'. It tasted OK but was a bugger to eat.
Billingsgate Fish Market has nothing on this little covered market in Gyoengju.
Anyone for octopus? I decided that this was an experience I could do without.
Its just before 5 here and I've been on another hike this morning. After last nights ferry fun, I feel like its nearly time for bed.

3 comments:
Nice rocks. Do you mean Northern Ireland? Sorry, just the journalist in me coming out again... xxx
Ah, yes I did. Thanks!
The giant's causeway looks exactly like those rocks, how amazing. I can't believe you chickened out of the octopus ... loving reading about your adventures xx
Post a Comment